Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 89: Broccoli Ham Ring

I thought I would try something a little more daring in my DO. This recipe is really easy to prepare, and looks really pretty. I was a little nervous to bake it because I didn't want to burn it. It used refrigerated crescent rolls, which can burn pretty fast, so I was careful to check it often while it cooked.

Broccoli Ham Ring
14" dutch oven

2 tubes refrigerated crescent roll dough
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 lb. fully cooked ham, diced
2 1/4 cups chopped fresh broccoli
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. lemon juice
Unroll crescent roll dough and place triangles in your DO, forming a ring with pointed ends facing outer edge of the pan and wide ends overlapping. Lightly press the ends together. (See pic.)
Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over the the wide ends of the rolls. I used clean hands to do this, spooning it was to hard. Fold the points over the filling and tuck under the wide ends (filling will be visible). Bake at 375* for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. I used 22 coals on top and 12 on the bottom. Serves 6-8.

This is how the dough should be positioned.

The Finished Product

The Review

This was good. Most of the kids liked it. It was easy to put together and turned out really pretty. I really started keeping an eye on it after the first 15 minutes of cooking, and it ended taking less than 20 minutes to bake. Any longer and it would have burned. Just a word to the wise. We liked this recipe, and it is one I will make a couple of times a year, but probably not more often than that. So this one gets a B.

1 comment:

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails