Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 106: Creamy Ranch Chicken

How many favorite recipes am I allowed? I have to say, with the exception of a few, I've been pretty lucky with the foods I've made. As we get closer to the end of the year, I'm sure I'll have more flops, but so far, most have been really good. It does help that I'm generally not a picky eater, except for a few foods. My children on the other hand.... Sometimes I wonder how they stay alive when they only eat the required one bite of everything. I am happy to report that this chicken got rave reviews, even from my pickiest eaters.

Creamy Ranch Chicken
12" dutch oven

6 slices of bacon, cut up
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
2 Tbs. flour
2 Tbs. dry ranch salad dressing mix
1 1/4 cups milk
3 cups dried medium noodles
1 Tbs. finely shredded Parmesan cheese

Cook the pasta according to package directions. I did this in a 10" DO. In your 12" oven, cook the bacon until crisp. I used 20 coals for this. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Drain all but 2 Tbs. of grease. In the same DO, cook the chicken in bacon drippings until no longer pink. Sprinkle flour and salad dressing mix over the chicken; stir well to coat all the chicken. Stir in milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Stir in bacon. Serve over egg noodles and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serves 4.

The Finished Product


The Review

I loved this! My kids loved this! There was not one scrap of chicken left after dinner. And talk about easy. It is the perfect week night meal. It comes together quickly, and it tasted great! I, personally, could have left out the chicken and just had the bacon. But if you have been reading my blog for any amount of time, you already knew that. Seriously though, it does need more bacon. You could probably put in a 12 oz. package and it wouldn't be too much. This recipe should be on every one's "must try" list. Grade A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails