Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 136: Honey Mustard Chicken

I'm out to work in  my garden, so just a quick post today!  I found this recipe here.  It got rave reviews on the site, so I thought I'd give it a try!

Honey Mustard Chicken
10" or 12" dutch oven

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (if they are overly thick, butterfly them)
1/3 cup melted butter
1/3 cup honey
2 Tbs. mustard (either yellow or Dijon, whichever you like best)
1/4 tsp. salt

Place the chicken in you DO.  In a small bowl, combine butter, honey, mustard and salt and whisk well.  Pour over chicken.  Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes.  Serves 4 (unless you butterfly the chicken then you have enough for 6 or 8).

The Finished Product

I know this doesn't look very appetizing, but it was good, even though I didn't make it right.

The Review

I was prepared to give this recipe a so-so review until I read it again and realized I messed it up.  Seriously, how do you mess up a recipe with 5 ingredients?  I must have been having a blonde moment.  I was trying to double the sauce, but the only thing I doubled was the chicken and the butter.  No wonder the sauce was so thin and we could hardly taste the honey and mustard.  I really think this would be good if prepared properly : ) .  Its so simple, its ridiculous!  I had it put together in 10 minutes including butterflying the chicken!  I'm going to try this recipe again another day.  I'll reserve judgement until I make it correctly!

2 comments:

  1. Toni:
    I just posted a cobbler recipe I think you and our kids will LOVE:-)

    Ron.
    roguedutchovencookers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was supposed to read your kids and I'm not even blond. OOOOPS

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails