Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 151: Lemon Buttered Red Potatoes

Today has been total chaos!  We've been getting my boys ready for scout camp all day!!  They are finally off to the great outdoors and I can spend some quality time with my computer.  : )
I can't remember where I found this recipe, but it was somewhere on the Internet, so I'm sorry to who ever posted it!

Lemon Buttered Red Potatoes
14" dutch oven

10 medium red potatoes
1/3 cup butter
2 Tbs. olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
3 Tbs. minced chives
2 Tbs. minced parsley
1 Tbs. grated lemon peel
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Quarter the potatoes and boil in your DO for 15-20 minutes or until they are barely tender.  I used as many coals as I could fit under my DO.
In a 10" DO, melt the butter.  I used about 10 coals for this.  Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients except the olive oil; set aside.
Drain the potatoes and add 2 Tbs. olive oil and toss to coat.  Arrange in the DO with the cut sides down.  Bake at 400* until crispy, about 20 minutes.  I used 2 rings on top and 1 ring on the bottom.  Right before serving, drizzle with the lemon butter and stir gently.  Serve warm.  Serves 8-10.

The Finished Product


The Review

We really liked these.  I forgot to put in the lemon zest so the lemon flavor was really subtle.  If you don't use the zest then you might want to up the lemon juice.  I also boiled my potatoes to long so they were a little mushy and never got crispy.  Even with all the mistakes they were really good.  My 5 year old ate about 6 pieces of potato, and she never eats anything.  I will make these again.  Grade B+.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails