Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 156: Two-Tone Fudge Brownies

Man this has been a hectic weekend!  I really hope next week slows down so I can relax a little bit!  I could use a hammock, sunglasses, a soft breeze, a diet coke and a good book right about now.  Ahhhh--that's better--I'm in my happy place!  The only thing we still need is chocolate, and I've got that covered with brownies.

Two-Tone Fudge Brownies
12" dutch oven

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup walnuts (I left these out-food allergies)

Cookie Dough Layer

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
3 Tbs. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Melt the chocolate chips and cool slightly--I cheated and used my microwave.  In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar.  Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.  Stir in melted chocolate.  Combine the flour and  baking soda; add to batter.  Stir in walnuts.  Spread into a greased 12" DO.  Bake at 350* for 16-22 minutes (mine took closer to 30 minutes) or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Use 1 1/2 rings on top and 1 ring on the bottom or 14 coals on top and 10 on the bottom.  Cool.

For the cookie dough layer, in a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.  Beat in milk and vanilla.  Gradually add the flour.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Drop by tablespoonfuls over cooled brownies; carefully spread over the top.  Cut and serve.  Store in the refrigerator.  Serves 10-12.

The Finished Product



The Review

These are really good.  The topping isn't exactly like cookie dough, but I certainly won't shake a stick at it.  It is better if you chill the brownies for a little while before you eat them.  It gives the topping a chance to harden.  These didn't last long at all.  I kept seeing kids licking their fingers, and we all know what that means....the brownies are gone!  We will be making these again!  Grade B+

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails