Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 162: Golden Potatoes

Summer is the craziest time of year!  My schedule seems to change by the hour and sometimes by the minute.  I'm always on the look out for fast, easy and yummy side dishes.  When I saw this recipe in a cookbook I knew I had to give it a try.  With only 5 ingredients, this couldn't be easier.

Golden Potatoes
10" dutch oven

2 (16 oz.) cans whole white potatoes, drained
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
3 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbs. fresh minced parsley

Place potatoes in your DO.  Pour butter over the potatoes.  Sprinkle with seasoned salt, cheese and parsley.  Bake at 350* for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.  Use 1 ring on top and 1 ring on the bottom or 12 coals on top and 8 coals on the bottom.

The Finished Product


The Review

This was really good for such a simple recipe.  I had it put together in less than 5 minutes.  I think I'll keep some canned potatoes around for those super busy nights.  This would also be a great camping dish.  I didn't cook mine long enough so they didn't get very "golden".  We had company that afternoon, so by the time we cooked dinner we were to hungry to let them finish cooking.  We all gave these a B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails