Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 178:Pepper Biscuit Pull Apart Bread

After all the cooking I did this weekend, I needed something simple for last night.  I found this recipe here.  It was really easy.  So easy, in fact, that my son Colton made this.

Pepper Biscuit Pull Apart Bread
10" dutch oven

1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. basil
4 1/2 tsp. olive oil
1 roll refrigerator biscuits
1/4 cup chopped green pepper (I didn't have one)
1/4 cup chopped red pepper (I used 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
4 Tbs. Parmesan cheese

Combine first 4 ingredients and set aside.  Place the biscuits in a lightly oiled dutch oven.  Press lightly to join them together.  Brush with olive oil and top with peppers and cheeses.  Sprinkle with garlic powder mix.  Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes.  Use 1 1/2 rings on top and 1 ring on the bottom.  Serves 4.

The Finished Product

Once again you are subject to my horrible photography skills--sorry!

The Review

This was really good.  I loved how easy it was.  This would be a good camping dish.  I was thinking it would be good with some bacon crumbles on top too.  I'll make this again when I need a quick bread to serve with a meal.  Grade B+.

1 comment:

  1. Toni, your food looks too good to be worrying about your photos. A tip- photograph with the flash off and use natural light to light the subject. They'll turn out a lot better.

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails