Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 243: Baked Rice

Today's recipe is one I made up when I needed an easy, simple side dish.  And this is very simple. Its something I make when I don't have a lot of time or don't have a side dish planned.

Baked Rice
10" dutch oven

2 cups chicken broth
1 cup uncooked long grain rice
2 tsp. dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

In an oiled dutch oven, combine the broth, rice, parsley, salt and pepper.  Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until rice is tender.  Use 1 ring on the top and bottom.  Sprinkle with cheese and replace lid to let the residual heat melt the cheese.  Serves 4-6.

The Finished Product


The Review

This was good.  It didn't knock my socks off, but it was a nice simple side dish.  When I serve an entree that has a lot of spices, I like to have a simple side.  My family likes it, except the 2 kids that don't like rice.  I don't make this often because there are other sides I like better, but this makes an appearance a couple of times a year.  Grade B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails