Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 251: Easy Chicken and Potato Bake

Here is recipe #2 today.  Now I'm caught up from being sick!  This recipe is one that was brought to a church dutch oven social a few weeks ago. 

Easy Chicken and Potato Bake
12" dutch oven

4 chicken breasts cut into chunks
6-8 potatoes, peeled and sliced
2-3 carrots, peeled and sliced
seasoned salt
parsley
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream

Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a dutch oven.  Season with seasoned salt and parsley.  Layer the potatoes and carrots.  Heavily season with seasoned salt, pepper and parsley.  In a bowl, mix the soup, milk and sour cream.  Spread on top of potatoes and carrots.  Bake at 350° for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until chicken is cooked and potatoes are tender.  Serves 6-8.

The Finished Product

Sorry, my camera's batteries were dead and before I could charge them my family ate it all. 

The Review

This was really good.  It would be a great camping meal.  When you make this, use a lot of seasoned salt.  It really makes this good.  My family loved this, and there weren't any leftovers!  We gave this a B+.

1 comment:

  1. Made this last night the only thing I changed was I added chopped onion. It came out very tasty. The potatoes were my favorite, followed by the gravy and then the Chicken!. I plan on making this again. The next time I am going to try giving it a stir half way through the cooking time. Mine took the full 1 1/2 hour to cook. I swapped out coals at the halfway point 45 min and kept turning the lid and pot every 15 min. This one goes into my "Will Make Again" category both for taste and ease to make.

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails