Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 260: Easy Chicken Fajitas

Yesterday I was feeling like a big lazy bum!  I've been cooking so much lately that I could hardly face the thought of making anything else.  Thank goodness for a friend that gave me a super simple recipe for Chicken Fajitas.  These are not authentic in any way, but they don't really have to be.  They just have to be good.  My kids actually made most of these!  There really isn't a recipe for this one, just throw together the amounts you need.

Easy Chicken Fajitas
10" dutch oven

Canned chicken (you can also use cooked shredded chicken, but like I said, I was feeling really lazy)
Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
Sliced bell peppers (red, green, yellow, orange or any combination)
Sliced onions, separated into rings

Heat some vegetable oil in a 10" dutch oven over a full spread of coals.  Add the veggies and cook until crisp tender.  Remove from the pot and keep warm.  Put the chicken in the pot, add the BBQ sauce and heat through.  Serve with the veggies on tortillas. 

The Finished Product



The Review

These were pretty good all things considered.  Certainly better that any casserole I could have come up with.  These would be the perfect camping recipe since they are so simple.  This isn't something that I'll make often, but it will be on the list of super fast weeknight meals.

1 comment:

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails