Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 265: Baked Cinnamon Chips

I was making Cinnamon Chips for my kids as a treat for their lunches at school and I thought "what the heck" I'll bake a batch or two in my dutch oven.  This is probably one of the most simple and yummy recipes I have.  And my kids absolutely love them.  I put them in lunches, and have them for after school snacks.  I even have to hide them if I want them to last more than 5 minutes.

Baked Cinnamon Cinnamon
12" dutch oven

Flour tortillas (I like to use the 6" tortillas)
Melted butter
Cinnamon and sugar blend

With a pastry brush, coat one side of each tortilla in melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.  Don't skimp on either the butter or the cinnamon mixture.  This is one place where more is definitely better. Cut into wedges or strips.  Transfer to a dutch oven and bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes.  They should be crispy and curling on the egdes, but not browned.  Use 1 1/2 rings on top and 1 ring on the bottom.  Cool on a wire rack.

**If you are using the larger tortillas its easier to cut them into strips rather than wedges.

The Finished Product


This is my 5 year old, Brylie, making the Cinnamon Chips.  Normally she doesn't have five o'clock shadow, it was Pirate Day in kindergarten and she didn't want to wash off her beard!  So cute!!










The Review

So, so, so easy.  Its amazing how such a simple recipe can be so yummy.  This is one of my kid's favorite treats and I make them all the time.  They are delish dipped into a fresh fruit salsa or a strawberry marshmallow dip.  But most of the time we just eat them plain.  And just like everything else in the world, they work great in the dutch oven!  Grade A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails