Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 316: Bongo Bars

I'm so sorry I didn't get to post anything yesterday!  We've been working on getting our bathroom put back together since we only have 1 shower for the 9 of us.  I spent 2 days painting and ended up with a bad headache from the paint fumes.  Now I remember why I procrastinated doing it!  :)  So here is the recipe I was supposed to post yesterday.  It's one my mom made when I was a kid and I haven't made it in years. 

Bongo Bars
12" dutch oven

3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 cups brown sugar
2 3/4 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3 eggs
1 pkg. chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 tsp. vanilla

Cream together the butter and brown sugar.  Add the vanilla and eggs, one at a time and mix well.  Add the dry ingredients and mix well.  Mix in the chocolate chips, and nuts.  Spread batter in the bottom of a well greased dutch oven and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool completely.  Serves 10-12.

The Finished Product




The Review

This is a throwback to my childhood.  My mom made these all the time.  They are now a favorite of my kids.  I love that they take a lot less time than cookies but are just as yummy.  They are also perfect for the dutch oven!  Grade A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails