Friday, November 26, 2010

Day 328: Homemade Cranberry Sauce

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I know we did.  It was so fun to be with family and friends.  Since I wasn't hosting the meal this year I didn't have quite as much work to do, but it was still a busy day.  I cooked rolls, cranberry sauce and stuffing all in my dutch ovens of course!  I've already posted the roll recipe, so I'll share the cranberry sauce recipe today.

Homemade Cranberry sauce
10" dutch oven

1 bag fresh cranberries
1 cup sugar
1 cup orange juice
1 tsp. orange zest

Mix all the ingredients in a dutch oven over a full spread of coals.  Bring to a boil and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.  The berries will burst and the sauce will thicken.  Serve warm.

The Finished

My camera batteries are dead so I'll post the pics this afternoon!


The Review

As a kid I could never understand why anyone would eat berries and meat together.  I'm really glad I've gotten over that because cranberries and turkey are a real treat.  This sauce is fabulous!  You'll get the best flavor out of it if you serve it warm.  It lets the citrus flavor come out, but its delish cold too.  I only make this a couple of times a year, and every time I do I wonder why I don't make it more often.  Grade A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails