Friday, December 24, 2010

Day 355: Cranberry Cake

Just a quick post!  I've been up since 4:30 a.m. making hand rolled raviolis for dinner and getting everything ready for tonight.  The fat man cometh!!  I'm as excited as my kids!  I won't be posting tomorrow since its Christmas, but I'll have 2 recipes on Sunday.  I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and my love goes out to all my wonderful readers!  Thanks for your comments and your support.  MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Cranberry Cake
12" dutch oven

3 eggs
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
2/3 cup chopped pecans (I left these out)
Whipped cream, optional

In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until slightly thickened and lemon-colored, about 5 minutes. Add butter and extract; beat 2 minutes. Gradually stir in flour just until combined. Stir in cranberries and pecans. Spread in a greased 12" dutch oven.

Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Use 1 1/2 rings on top and 1 ring on the bottom.  Serve with whipped cream. Serves16-20.

The Finished Product

My camera is charging so I'll add the pic as soon as I can.

The Review

This is really yummy!  The cranberries are tangy and the cake sweet.  Its the perfect combination.  It is the perfect way to showcase a berry that is most often neglected.  I'll definitely be making this again!  Grade A.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful day with your family and thank you for all your cooking ideas throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails