Saturday, February 19, 2011

How did I ever find the time?

Wow!  Life has been so crazy lately!  I'm thinking back to last year and I wonder how I EVER found the time to dutch oven every day.  I'm a little flabbergasted!  I couldn't do it now to save my life! :)  I'm having trouble with once a week!  Sunday dinner will be cooked dutch oven style so I'll have a new post for you on Monday or Tuesday.  Hopefully our snow storm will be gone by then!  Have a great President's Day weekend!  See you next week!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's all I can say. I just found your blog and in particular, your project. And I'm in awe. I've thought about needing to get outside and cook more than I do, but I don't know how you made it every day (minus a few that you mentioned). I look forward to looking through your last year and trying some of your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so glad I found you - I am off to dig through your archives!

    We are starting a store & blog around the idea of camping and outdoor cooking, and I asked my husband the other day if he thought we could pull off the idea of 365 days of dutch oven-ing (totally not knowing that someone had already done it!!!) - he laughed. :)

    I can't wait to see what you did though - glad I stumbled across your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic blog!! How many bags of charcoal do you think you went through in that year of cooking everyday? I didn't find anything talking about this while enjoying my mouth-watering reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandma,

    I went through around 65 bags of charcoal. I figured that if I cooked 1 pot a day a bag of charcoal would last about a week depending on cooking time and temperature, air temperature and other weather conditions.

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails